Wednesday, February 28, 2007




This guy was completely and absolutely, most positively, asleep on the platform. I could just hear his snoring in between the garbled annoucements:



"THank you for ridinsnarzzk Tee A." zzZZzsnORT "The time is blllittqqqq"



I remember thinking 'How does his back hold up?" I guess it better than trying to sleep on the trains, but the cars would be a lot warmer.



Speaking of warmer, it is finally getting up past the freezing mark and last Tuesday I got to trot through the park for the first time in about a month. It was about as cold as this looks with just a slight drizzle falling. I ran up the West Side to the reservoir and then realized that the path would be one solid sheet of ice. It was. I practically walked the third of a mile around the water and then pushed hard to get to the 6 train. 3.33 miles in a little over 36 sumpin minutes. (ice effect) It took a long time for the 6 train to arrive and I got really cold on that platform.








Walking to Starbucks after the gym workout I looked up at some of the windows lighting up. I was a little jealous of the sleepheads still in bed, but the feeling faded quickly.

No comments: