Saturday, August 20, 2005

Okay, so I am officially an animal


This is the view from the trail.

N ow another week has gone by, maybe two I didn't check. Let's see... I joined a gym and have been faithfully showing up and working out. Last Saturday, I left early and ran through the Park to the Six train, arrived just in time to take a shower and get to work. I was supposed to do that again this morning but spent my time cutting up the strawberries that will go bad if we don't eat them today or tomorrow. Haven't lost any more weight but I am losing inches around my waist.

I have been taking the N/R up to Fifth Ave and then running up to the 110th St entry for the C train. I've done it in both directions and proven to myself that New Yorkers are all contarians. Whichever way I am running there seems to be thousands of others running in the opposite direction. Tuesday night the running club had a meet for blind runners. Pairs of runners jogging next to eachother with a short cord linking them. Amazing. I am slogging along, they are running without ever seeing where their feet will fall.

This Wednesday I ran from Fifth Ave to the top of the Park then continued all the way around to 59th Street. Felt very good.

Friday did a short run through Ft. Tryon.

No comments: