Monday, April 04, 2005

Still a little surprised

Is it just me or is everyone else surprised by Daylight Savings Time? I get such a jolt of joy the first time I step out of the subway onto our street and it's still light out. Maybe it's because for most of the year I leave our apartment building in the dark and return in the dark at night that I feel like some kind of coalminer, but then I am easily pleased. I love the first snowfall of winter, I get a charge out of seeing the ocean again after a long time, the first colors of autumn make my engine rev. The first emerging leaves in Spring, the first robin seen, the greening of the grass...

I guess I love changes, movements of time, the newness of the seasons is new for me each year.

1 comment:

LadyPB said...

Why doesn't everybody love change?