Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crashes are never good, But hey..... .

Lesson 1
No.
Lesson 3,897,345 dot 2
Don't change anything that is working.

I knew that.

Why... oh, never mind.

I am happy to be here.

Where was I?

I don't remember exactly.
Did I mention that the RED SOX are the salvation of humanity?

Mebbe not.


You should know two things: I ran another Half Marathon today and, if I may say so myself, I ran as hard as I could the whole way. That was my goal and I did that.
(It is still disconcerting, to be amongst so many people and have no connection with any of them.)
I met a very lovely British woman on the train going home, I met two Irish Expatriates on the ferry going home, I met two German fellows who will run the ING Marathon next year in New York (ME TOO!) I met the British woman's brother.
Yet.
Is there a friend amongst them?
No.

Isn't that odd?

I have to discover what I should have learned in junior high school.
\\\\\
How to make friends.


Hey.
I know people like me. (They come into the store on Fridays (my day off) and Ford reports that they are sorely disappointed that I am not there. They respect my honesty and my humor. Which is all I have to give.

Which is all I have to give.

Enough for now. I have to go and see if I got a PR for the Half Marathon today.

Joe(Still running as fast as I can)Nation

No comments: