Friday, January 25, 2008

Running to Canada, Week Two


So I decided, even though I still don't feel great, to do the run up the hills run in my neighborhood. I had never measured it and now that I have my Garmin all I have to do is push Start and it measures the route for me.
The up-the-hills starts uphill on Bennett,
followed by uphill on 181st,
followed by uphill on Fort Washington,
then there is a gentle downer to the bottom of the next set of hills.
You get the idea.
You run out behind the Cloisters and through the woods to.
.... the bottom of Bennett.
From there back to the start is one mile of constant up.
Makes my face red. Heartrate 165bpm

2.63 miles.... that was enough for me in the cold. 33F and 13mph North winds.
On the Long Run now puts me on the famous Boston Road.









It's Highway One, folks, the road traveled by the likes of Adams and Franklin and Washington. I intend to follow Highway 1 for as long as I can or until my friend George passes me going the other way, (He's running to Georgia, of course, then I will shift North to run through the hills of my hometown and beyond.
14.2 miles for the year, yeesh.

Joe(good thing I'm in for the long run.)Nation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yer 1/13-8:03AM post STILL doesn't have a map, though it says it does. Whatever test you were running...?

The post I'm commenting on says you "still" don't feel good. ??? There has been nothing about some health catastrophe. Did I miss something?